This is a card we made at one of my recent classes, and it's also a card we created at Stampin' Up's annual convention -- Inspire. Create. Share.
What's really cool about today's card is that two of the items are featured on this week's Stampin' Up!'s Weekly Deals. Both the Elegant Butterfly Punch and the Honeycomb Embossing Folder. (Scroll down to see the sales flyer.)
There is a fun technique to get the honeycomb image on the card. It's not actually embossed, but it is inked.
Here's what you do:
- Open your embossing folder.
- Find the side with the raised images
- Rub a Crumb Cake (or color of your choice) Classic Stampin' Pad across the image
- Place your card stock piece on the uninked side
- Close the embossing folder and rub gently
- The image will transfer onto your embossing folder
- It doesn't have to be perfect -- it's eclectic!