Thought I would get a head start on creating some Easter goodies! After all, there’s all kinds of different Easter candy in the stores! Who can resist?
(The stampers who attended my kit class got to take one of these home with them.)
I needed a “container” for those yummy Cadbury Eggs. Stampin’ Up!’s Silver Mini Gable Boxes are just the right size. I made a window in the front of the box and added a bit of decoration.
Here’s how I accomplished it:
- Using Stampin’ Up!’s Heat Tool, I applied about 10 seconds worth of heat to the seam of the box. This loosens the glue enough to enable you to take the box apart without damaging it.
- I used the Layering Ovals Dies to create an oval hole in the front of the box with the Big Shot. (Once the box is taken apart, it lies flat on the Magnetic Platform.)
- I cut a small piece (about 3 ½ inches x 1 7/8 inches) of Window Sheet and affixed it on the inside of the box in front of the window using Tear and Tape.
- I created a “frame” out of Berry Burst card stock using the Layering Ovals Framelits. (Love these for their nesting and layering capabilities.)
- Stamped the “Happy Easter” sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Berry Burst ink onto Powder Pink card stock and punched with the Classic Label Punch. Added two Pearls.
- I put the box back together using a couple of strips of Tear and Tape.
- Stuffed the box with the Berry Burst Shreddie and added the egg, of course.
- Finished it off with the luscious Berry Burst 3/8-inch Metallic-Edge Ribbon.
Super cute and super fun! Let me know if I can help you get the products to make these at home.
There are links to all of the products I used below. Shop from my online store 24/7. Remember: It’s Sale-A-Bration! Earn free product when you make qualifying purchases. Just $50 (before tax and shipping) lets you select from a great variety of stamp sets, Designer Series Paper, and more.
Thanks for stopping by today.