It’s been a lot of fun playing with all the free products Stampin’ Up! has offered during its Sale-A-Bration celebration. The promotion ends March 31, so if there’s something you want, place your order soon. (Earn free products with either $50 purchases or $100 purchases.)
I’m thinking you’re going to want, no, need, a package of the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper when you see today’s project. (Free with a $50 purchase of Stampin’ Up! products, before tax and shipping.) This spring-inspired paper has beautiful foil designs using gold, rose gold, and silver. The paper is lovely to use on its own, but it’s so fun to add color. You receive 12 sheets – three each of four, single-sided designs.
For today’s card, I used Stampin’ Up’s sponge brayers to add color to the paper. It is so fun and easy and eye-catching. I chose Daffodil Delight, but you can use any color of ink pad that suits your interest.
- I cut a piece of the Designer Series Paper at 5 x 3 ¾ inches. It’s so hard to choose; they are all so pretty.
- Using the Sponge Brayers (found on page 200 of Stampin’ Up!s Annual Catalog), I rolled the brayer onto the ink pad and then applied the ink to the paper, applying several layers to get the color I desired. (See the photo below.)
- I let the colored piece sit for about twenty minutes, to let the ink set in and dry. Then, I rubbed briskly with a paper towel. The color will wipe off the foil, leaving you with an awesome image.
- I used SNAIL to adhere the colored Designer Series Paper piece to a piece of Basic Black card stock measuring 5 ¼ x 4 inches.
- Then I added the ribbon. This is also really fun (and cool) with the Stampin’ Blends. I used the Silver 3/8-inch Metallic-Edge Ribbon. With the brush tip end of the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend, I colored the ribbon. (See photo below.) Wow, what an awesome technique! With a glue dot on the end of each side of the ribbon, I wrapped it around the card base.
- I attached this to the Daffodil Delight card base, 11 x 4 ¼ inches, folded in half.
- I stamped the “thank you” sentiment from the Rose Wonder stamp set in Archival Black onto a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock.
- I die cut this with an oval from the Stitched Shaped Framelits.
- I adhered the sentiment to a scalloped oval die cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits from black card stock.
- I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop this up over the ribbon.
I just love the versatility of the Springtime Foils Designer Series Paper. I recommend you get some to play with before it’s gone!
Thanks for stopping by today!